Monday, July 04, 2005

I am a Moron

My DVD burner is working just fine. I had obviously not taken the time to read the information that is written on the stickers that come stuck to the computer. The Prime PC site, where I bought my new Acer Aspire 3002, indicated that the DVD drive can write to DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW. However, on the laptop itself, in reference to the DVD writer, it says: "Supports DVD+R Double Layer/ DVD+-RW".

Nothing about DVD-R, which is the most common DVD around here and the one I had been trying to burn. (I had actually bought a whole pack of them).

I ran to the shops last night after finally reading the stickers, bought some DVD-RW, and sure enough, I can burn and burn and burn.

Luckily I discovered this before contacting the shop to return the "defective" item!

No comments: