Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mitsubishi Pajero Mini - Part One

I mentioned in the previous post that I went by a car dealer to check out one of his offerings.

My 1995 Honda Civic (a very cool car that has served me well) is coming due for shakken (inspection) next spring. Shakken generally costs roughly 150, 000 yen, so I was thinking about just getting a new (for me) car at that time. To that end, I've been comparison shopping, just keeping my finger on the pulse of what's out there.

Yesterday, while driving, we passed a used car dealer that had some pretty sweet vehicles in his lot. Seeing a handsome Suzuki Jimny and a Mitsubishi Pajero Mini, we stopped for a closer look. And that was the end of it all.

The Jimny was brand new (so, very much out of my price range!) and not as nice as the 10 year old Pajero Mini also in the lot.

The Mini was everything I'd been looking for in a car - manual transmission, decent engine, good looking, with air con that works even in the blazing summer heat. The dealer was very friendly, and the price was right.

Back at home, we researched the specs a bit more, to see if it was really any good. It exceeded my own expectations, and we cruised back today for another look. During our bike ride, I made up my mind and we went back for the car and signed the papers this afternoon.

After some paperwork, I'll be able to pick it up on Tuesday! Several months too early but I was sure I wouldn't get this kind of deal again:

Side view (still in the dealer's lot):


Under the hood:


Extra-special muffler and exhaust:

2 comments:

kurisu said...

Awesome! Looking forward to part two! That's the part where I get a test drive, right? ;)

bernicky said...

Wow - now that is an impulse purchase.