Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Morning Run, Evening Ride

Yesterday I woke up a bit earlier than usual, so I got out for an earlier but longer run than usual. The weather was warm even before dawn and I was working up a sweat even before starting uphill. A good run that led to a good day - somehow I'm always more alert and ready to meet challenges after some physical activity.

Because the weather was so good, my co-worker decided to head out for a ride after work. Well, though I had planned to go to the gym for a little weight training (I'm still welcome at the local Susono gym!), who can pass up the chance for a short but vigorous evening ride? We hooked up our lighting system and a few kilometers up to the Incinerator; even a short ride is a good workout when you're going uphill on a singlespeed!

The evening ride was great - but unfortunately got my adrenaline rushing and meant that I didn't get to sleep quite as early as usual.

1 comment:

bernicky said...

Sometimes it's worth getting to sleep late in order to have a good workout.