Friday, December 04, 2009

Resisting the Draw of a Hornet's Nest

I'm super busy with work this week, and would love to dive into a good book in the evenings. However, the big Nihongo Shiken (Japanese test) is on Sunday.

Due to unforeseen business, and completely predicable laziness on my part, we have not studied for the test. But we still have tomorrow morning before work, and all day on Saturday to prepare!

Of course, when I was in Shizuoka city last week, I picked up the third book in Stieg Larsson's 'series'. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest opens with the intriguing heroine Lisbeth Salander being helicoptered into an emergency room with a bullet in the head...

That's as far as I got, since the first few pages is all I'm allowing myself to read until after the Japanese test, but the suspense is killng me.

No comments: