Wednesday, August 23, 2006

"Slimmia" New Cell Phone

I upgraded my cell phone on the weekend. I'd had my last model for nearly two years (a very long time by the current standards!), and figured it was time to ditch the weighty thing for something a bit smaller.

It's a nice, slim model by Sharp, and it has Bluetooth, an audio player, overseas capability when travelling in most countries, and a lot of other bells and whistles all in a much smaller package.

It was also very cool that Gizmodo did a review of this very same model just this morning - apparently it is all the rage in Hong Kong!

OK - so I no longer have a TV in my phone, but I didn't use it all that much anyway and now that my phone is portable again I actually plan to carry it with me and to even answer it occasionally:-)

I stayed with my provider (Vodafone/Yahoo Japan) so my number hasn't changed.

5 comments:

bernicky said...

Hehehe, I was watching a piece on CBC last night where they were talking about the death of the iPod - 5 years at the most some pundits were saying - they pointed out that in Asia everything is on the cell phone including music and video which can be downloaded directly to the phone. It's getting to be a William Gibson world in bits and bytes.

-lyn said...

Will the phone work in the US? For many years it seemed every country's phones worked with each others but not with ours.

Tracy said...

Yep. It's supposed to in most countries, including the US and Canada. I think Taiwan and maybe HongKong are not connected...

Doc Shazam said...

HI tracy, I havn't stopped by in awhile, been a little busy. the riding is great here, I always want to ride more, more more!

Internet Street Philosopher said...

So irritating that they don't let us in the USA have the cool phones.