Saturday, April 21, 2007

Ieyasu's Horse...survival of a Lumix

On Thursday evening I took a stroll to Okazaki castle with the "baby Lumix" (a point and shoot LZ2). I managed a couple of (bad) photos of the castle, and this one of the statue of Tokugawa Ieyasu's horse.


And then the camera "died"!! I took this personally - that very simple little camera took great pictures. But suddenly it wouldn't focus; I could hear the motor spinning, it was trying to do something, but all that would happen would be an error message: "Please turn off camera and turn on again". This of course did not work. I managed to make the lens close, and mentally laid it to rest next to our dear Casio.

Brian to the rescue. I returned from my business trip late Friday evening. By mid-day on Saturday, he had dickered with the camera and fixed it! The Lumix will live to be blogged again:-)

1 comment:

bernicky said...

I was amazed to read that dickering in lieu of tinkering worked in the repair of a digital camera. I should try arguing with my hardward more often :D