Friday, April 06, 2007

Shaken by Shakken

As I said - too much going on. I'm usually on top of things like license renewals and visa extensions; but, somehow, I completely let my shakken slide. This is a car inspection that has to be done every two years, and letting it expire would cause untold headaches. Luckily - last night as I was driving to my Japanese lesson I remembered that I had wanted to check the expiry date. I knew it was April, but when exactly? Perhaps April 16th? Or maybe the 23rd? No, of course not. It had to be April 6th - the following day.

So at about 7:15 a.m. this morning (April 6th!), I called the little dealership where I bought the car. I was expecting an answering machine that would maybe inform me of his hours - instead, Mr. Hara himself answered the phone, and told me to bring my car in at 8:30 a.m.

The shop is close to my apartment as well as my office, so it was easy to drop off my car, pick up a daisha (loaner car), and make it in to work comfortably before 9 a.m.!

I get to pick up my car again on Monday.

As soon as I have some time, I plan to put all our expiry date items in a database for easy reference...but for now, I have to get ready for a welcome party for two new people at work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew!

-lyn

bernicky said...

A database!?!
On a calendar - on a piece of paper stuck to the fridge.
Anyway I'm glad it all came out.