Saturday, December 01, 2007

Living in Darkness

Japan does not have Daylight Saving Time. While in the summer, when it would actually make the real difference by giving more daylight in the evenings, I don't miss or even really want Daylight Saving because I enjoy waking up at 4 or 4:30, and the rising sun facilitates that. However, I wouldn't mind a bit more daylight somewhere in the autumn and winter. Like now - I find we are sleeping in until 6 or even later these days because the sky is still dark and the apartment chilly; meanwhile, the evenings are given to lackluster laziness and a sense that it is too late to do anything because the sky has been dark since 4:45 p.m. No- in this case Daylight Saving Time really wouldn't make a difference - you can't actually increase the daylight.

Anyway- this "bla bla bla" was just to say that we're sleeping more and doing less:-) To combat this, I'll have to start setting the alarm for a change.

No comments: