Monday, December 10, 2007

A Photo of Us

My "do nothing" sickness is passing (if slowly:-) and I'm back to blogging.

We had yet another enkai (party) on Friday night and, since we both wanted to imbibe a little, we got a hotel for the night in lovely Shimada city. Saturday was a beautiful day and we took some photos at the now-under-construction* Horai bashi.

I had brought my large Gorillapod SLR Zoom** tripod, so we actually got another photo that shows us together (so friends and family can now rest assured that Brian is not, in fact, my imaginary boyfriend!).

This photo was actually taken when we stopped during a drive through the mountains; it had some terrible lens flare, so I tweaked it in Photoshop Lightroom...




*Typhoon number 4, that caused the massive landslides around here, also knocked out the old Horai bridge; it looks like it should be crossable again soon, though.

**The Gorillapod for the SLR Zoom is super strong, and totally adaptable. This is my new favourite accessory. Oh and the 30mm lens we bought ourselves for Xmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool pictures - the sepia tones are wonderful.

bernicky