Friday, April 11, 2008

Catching up, technology and other musings

Nothing much new these days. Brian and I have been working a bit more than we're accustomed to these days - hence, lack of posts. I know, I know - it's no excuse! Anyway - Brian's away on business, I'm basking in solitude, incense is burning, and blogging seemed, somehow, right.

As I blog, I am watching Monk on my second monitor. It's an awesome show, though I'm only in Season 4, and am streaming it via www.sidereel.com. I really don't see why Sharona (a.k.a.Bitty Schram) had to leave the show. I'm am really not accustomed to the new assistant.

On my second monitor, I can't really get Monk in full-screen. This is because I'm on Ubuntu, a linux OS which, until the recent release of Flash Player 9, was incapable of full-screen flash. However, I still seem to be incapable. I'm using Firefox 2 as well as Epiphany...if anyone knows how I can watch vids full screen, I'd be forever indebted...

Speaking of Ubuntu, the Ubuntu 8.04, titled Hardy Heron, is scheduled for April 24th. I wait with baited breath. Perhaps Hardy will take care of my full-screen problem...

Until next time...

2 comments:

bernicky said...

I love Monk - and have reviewed five seasons of him for TheMysterySite.com - http://www.themysterysite.com/showreview.php?r_id=245 is the season one review. Bitty Schram was great and when she left in the middle of season three it was a little odd (the whole Sharona on the phone from Jersey thing). Natalie is a good replacement for the most part. She is far less sympathetic to Monk. The characters are different Sharona was a nurse Natalie is an assistant. I found the shows in season 4 and 5 to be a little dumbed down from the first two seasons.

bernicky said...

Oh by the way if you like Monk you will probably like Psych if you haven't already given it a try.