Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Free Subscription to Encyclopedia Britannica

As most of you know by now, in addition to all the other things I like to do, I love to net surf. I spend hours sifting through tons of information, most of it meaningless and serving only to further shorten my attention span.

However, luckily not lost in the dross, was this Techcrunch article, through which I found out about free access for "web publishers" to Encyclopedia Britannica online.

Web publishers is fairly loosely defined, but bloggers definitely count. So, I cruised over to http://britannicanet.com/ where I registered the Japanrider blog. Of course, I had to wait for someone to approve the registration - and they did!

If you have a blog, I really think you should apply for access too!

I'm delighted to say that I now have a one-year free subscription to Encyclopedia Britannica online. I can link to articles, and this will give anyone who visits the article complete access to that article (but not to the rest of the site). I can also, apparently, embed cool widgets into my posts, but that I will have to try later.
For now, here is a "test" article on Zen

No comments: