Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Acupuncture: Getting Needled in Susono

I've had achy, tired shoulders and neck for a long (looong) time, and put it down to a combination of mountain biking and spending so much time hunched over the keyboard, both at work and home. I've had some good massages, and the masseuse usually comments on how hard my lats and shoulder muscles are, but never quite works out the kinks.

Tonight, I finally went to a local acupuncture/ sport massage place that I'd heard about a while ago, and for the first time, I got to try the ancient, Chinese practice. My mother had gotten acupuncture many years ago and found it very beneficial, so why not!

My experience was really good; a little bit weird at first, having needles sticking out of you, but I'm only sorry that, since the pain was in my back area, I didn't get to see the needles or anything.

Anyway, following the needles and the wonderful vibration they helped transmit into my muscles, the doctor performed some shiatsu massage, really working hard on the knottiest parts! Now, I'm feeling pretty mellow, but should probably get away from my pc for a while...


(The place I went is called Kaisei (http://kaiseido.main.jp/). Tel: 055-993-4696)

1 comment:

-lyn said...

Uhmmm, sounds great.