Friday, February 13, 2009

Solo Ride

I love Fridays, and especially so when I happen to have the day off - like today.

Though the clouds were heavy, I took my Clockwork bike out for an increasingly rare morning ride. The chilly weather has kept Brian and me off the bikes more than usual, but I woke up this morning with an absolute, burning need to get on the bike.

Since Brian had to work, I went out for a solo trek on one of my favourite trails - a hard, slow climb up a mountain road, then down, fast and hard, off road.

It's been more than a week since I've ridden at all, and much longer since I've had the luxury of riding alone. Completely alone - since everyone else in Japan is at work today, in less than three minutes of pedalling it felt like I'd entered a whole other world, one in which I was the sole inhabitant.

As I was beginning the down-hill part of the ride, fat, heavy raindrops began to fall, making this the perfect ride.

Descending through the eerie woods, I stopped long enough to try to get a photo of my gorgeous Clockwork 29er single speed:

3 comments:

owenandbenjamin said...

Solo rides are often the best rides.

Team Sharma said...

Did this help tou cure your "Blahs"?

Tracy said...

Well, yeah, it DID help the blahs! Guess I ought to do more solo rides!! :-)