Friday, October 16, 2009

An Elegant Evening

Last night I and two of my colleagues zipped off to Tokyo to enjoy a very special evening at the residence of the Canadian Ambassador, Jonathan Fried. We attended as guests of our Japanese boss, who, I think, wanted to bring a bit of a Canadian influence;-)

I'd never met the Ambassador, and naturally have never been in his residence, so last night was doubly impressive: the man is gregarious and gracious, and his home is simply gorgeous with a large drawing room and a sprawling lawn.

The evening proved very entertaining and enjoyable, as we mingled with other guests, ate raw oysters (from P.E.I.) and drank champagne. Time flew by, and before we realized it, we had to run to catch the bullet train home again!

I'm only sorry that I didn't snap any photos!

2 comments:

Lyn said...

How fun!

bernicky said...

Sounds like you had fun - probably best to have left the camera at home anyway. Sometimes cameras can get in the way because you are trying to observe instead of be.