Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Something a Bit Different

After my very relaxing Saturday, we spent Sunday mostly lazing around and working on photo/video projects. But in the afternoon, I decided to go to a small New Year's Party that I'd heard about which was organized by MIRA, the Mishima International Relations Association.

While I don't usually participate in any kind of "international" event, I needed to at least warm up my motorcycle engine, and I thought that this would be a good way to meet new people and network a little. So at 1:30 I got on my motorcycle and rode to Mishima.

The party was held in a event hall in a hotel, and I was pleasantly surprised! It was quite a nice party, with a lovely setup, and a wide variety of people from all around the world. I met people from Columbia, Peru, and Iran as well as a few Canadians and Australians.

They even had a cool opening band:



All in all, a nice way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon.

No comments: