Friday, May 21, 2010

Diets and Other Musings

So, around Wednesday, I stepped on my bathroom scale for the first time in a while, and the numbers that appeared were, well, unbelievable. So unbelievable, in fact, that I turned off the scale to reset it, then tried again, with the same result. I then carried the little betrayer of a machine into the kitchen, where I placed it on solid flooring rather than carpet and got the same results.

Yes, it's true I've been consuming tons of calories. And yes, also true that my activity level had dropped quite a bit recently. And, I have to admit, my clothes are a little tighter. But still!

Anyway, the shock was enough that I am officially on a diet. It is a simple diet - the goal is to consume fewer calories than I burn.

Of course, I won't stick to it rigidly, I'm sure. Today is Brian's birthday! We will most likely go out somewhere nice for dinner tonight or tomorrow, where, despite my new diet, we will surely indulge in some scrumptious food and drink.

2 comments:

lyn said...

I suspect you could add quite a few more and still be in good shape!

Steve McF said...

Omedetou tanjoubi Brian-san!