Sunday, February 20, 2011

Photography - searching for inspiration through David duChemin

I'd like to blame the bleak Montreal weather for my lack of photography. I have not even snapped a photo in weeks. However, when I look back at some photos taken over the past few years,  I see that my photography had become lacking in creativity and vision at least a year ago, if not longer.

I realize now, when I am out with the camera, I am just rushing, or feel like I'm rushing, to take shots, but not feeling anything. I have lost my vision. But all is not lost! I discovered a photographer/author a few years ago - David duChemin. The tagline of his blog would let you know why I like this guy so much; not only is he a great photographer, but the tagline says, "Gear is Good. Vision is Better."

I bought several of his e-books over the years, and a few months ago, he published a new one called The Vision-Driven Photographer. I bought it immediately, but still have yet to read it, although I know it is exactly what I need. So, given that today is too gloomy to actually shoot anything, I plan to spend a couple of hours reading David's new ebook!

David duChemin's blog is here. And you can purchase the new ebook for $5 here.

No comments: