Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mountain ride on VRX

My bike isn't really good for touring with its stock pair of upswept exhaust pipes, which interfered with any saddlebag options. My first big change then was to switch to a two-into-one header, and then a single muffler.

After playing around with the silencers, I found better sound and more hp (above 5000rpm!) with the silencers installed, and unchanged torque. I captured some of the testing with my iPhone and GoPro.

With some time on the last rainy Saturday morning, so I assembled some footage and sound files into a bite-sized video:

2 comments:

Tracy Olsen said...

The video is really well done! The iPhone is a great tool isn't it. It was natsukashii to see the footage of the fireroad. What software did you use to edit/cut the video?

Brian said...

Thanks! The iPhone caught the audio (exhaust sound) using the voice recorder function, while tucked into a jacket pocket to avoid wind noise. I used Cyberlink Disk Director to sync up the video and audio, and added effects and music. There is a lot more that it can do, but it is easy enough to use for simple projects too!