Friday, April 22, 2011

What I've been doing

Mostly, I've been spending my time actively seeking to get back into the workforce here. Lack of French is an obstacle, but I'm confident that I can overcome it!

I've been attending a Career Transitions program at a place called La Passerelle. It is, happily, a government-sponsored program and I, even more happily, qualified to participate. It is a twelve week program, and has so far provided me with more confidence, and a deeper understanding of myself and the job market, than I had previously had.

Who knew that all the other participants felt so similarly to me? The disillusionment caused by the former job, the feeling of being a bit lost, not knowing where to go next, avoiding looking for work... these are all common feelings to newly unemployed professionals in their forties and upward.

So - this has been good, and keeping me busy.

No comments: