Friday, May 13, 2005

Commuting

We haven't been going for morning rides very much recently, but I have been commuting to work by bicycle.

The nature of my job means that I do not always work at the same place; for the next week or so, I am working about seven kilometres up the road from my apartment (and I do mean up - it may be a short ride, but at least it is all uphill!).

Riding to and from the office offers more benefits than I could possibly name; for me, the little jolt of adrenaline in the morning gets me ready for the day, and the return ride helps release any pent-up frustrations that may have resulted from a day at the office.

If you can, I urge you - ride your bike to work!

2 comments:

bernicky said...

There are problems with riding to work. Sweat is the first one. If you decide to get around that by wearing workout clothes then you have to bring clothes with you in a backpack and they can get rumpled. I guess you could keep some clothes at work.

Anything under 10K should be doable for most people and the savings in gas and the fitness benefits make it worthwhile.

Internet Street Philosopher said...

Good to see that you're back. It's been too long. I'm getting a bike for when I head back to school this fall so that I can stay in shape. It may not be as exciting as your rides, but it will be interesting!