Saturday, May 27, 2006

Pre Rainy Season

Wow; although I've lost count officially, a friend has reminded me that we have had only 3 dry (doesn't mean sunny, though) days out of the last 20. Usually rainy season begins about the first of June, so there is something to look forward to... some actual legitimacy to it all.

I did sneak in a short ride wth some co-workers last evening in the lighter drizzle, and watched a deer watching us on the way up the trail. I didn't have my camera because of the wet conditions, but I might start carrying a 'ziploc'ed camera so I don't miss those opportunities.

Two nights ago the sunny day yielded to a fantastic electrical storm, with lightning and thunder for at least 3 hours. Usually we see about two flashes a year and hear about 4 rumbles, so this was a real treat!

With the tripod on the back balcony, I took this picture of our lesser photographed (because of the power lines and telephone lines and cable TV lines and ADSL lines...) east view. The illumination is all lightning, except for the glow at the bottom from a passing car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys post some great pictures. I love your site I check it every day. Keep the pics coming.

Mom Tracys mom