Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Although it has been a busy, busy, busy 2007, I don't have a good excuse for not posting more often... I just haven't been able to give proper and timely consideration to anything outside of my office!

I can't believe that it is already June. The season now is 'baiyu' or 'tsuyu', which is basically the rainy season. The days are longer, warmer, and more humid, but not truly hot yet. The actual rain is either a fine mist or a wall of water, tempered by searing bright sunshiny interludes, which all last until mid-July.

Each season in Japan is honored (commercially, at least) with associated packaged food and drink that is fleeting in availability, usually only a month or two. It isn't hot enough to make this appealing yet...

Get ready for this summer's flavor:
























This bottle I bought at 7-11 (Now officially 'Seven and i-Holdings', in Japan) this evening. It will spend a night in the fridge to be really, really cold before tomorrow's tasting...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brian
Nice to see you back on the blog
Judy

Luciano Bove said...

Hi I like your blog!
Ciao.

Team Sharma said...

We will require a review after the official tasting.

bernicky said...

Cucumber oh my what an interesting flavour idea. Who would have thought that, that could even be a soda flavour.