Friday, June 08, 2007

Pet Peeve

I know we all have pet peeves - some are smallish, some are biggish. One of my smallish pet peeves is people who stand side-by-side on the escalators; but this pales in comparison to a more recent, much more peevey pet peeve: people who close their useless emails with "Hope that helps!".

For example, after asking a question to a customer service center via email, clearly indicating that I'd already tried solution A, B and C, but to no avail, so could they please help, the reply was: "Have you tried A, B or C? Hope that helps!"

NO IT DOES NOT HELP!

Another instance, someone emails ME a question, then closes the email with, "Hope that helps!"

How the hell can a QUESTION help?

Anyway, TGIF. I think I can face my inbox again!

Hope that helps!

...

1 comment:

bernicky said...

You could always set your email filter to delete any email with that sequence of words in it :)