Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Social Networking

Social Networking sites are amazingly popular, and I just about let them pass me by without so much as a nod. I think my real social life keeps me busy enough, and being an introvert, I certainly don't want to spend my down-town in further social networking:-)

However - I recently allowed myself to be caught up in the rush. A (younger) friend invited me to join Facebook. Facebook allows you to "meet up" with old friends and find some new ones in your "network". So, why not? I now am on Facebook, enjoying seeing what a few of my other friends are up to, too. It's a fun website, but I'm in no danger of becoming addicted.

Another site that I finally caved in to is 43 Things. Here, you simply create a list of things that you want to do. Other members of the site may share your goals and may "cheer" you for encouragement. Kind of a fun way to set some goals for yourself.

Fun sites that have been around for a few years - just thought I try them out.

1 comment:

bernicky said...

Oh no. Another one bites the dust. :(

:D