Thursday, November 22, 2007

Back and Gone again

I got back from my little business trip last night at about 9:00 pm or so after having dinner at an okonomiyaki place in Hamakita. It was pretty good and I even got to cook my own okonomiyaki:



It was a longish drive back, but at least I got a good night's sleep in my own futon, because now we're both off again to Tokyo for the weekend (tonight through Sunday).

Once again it is that time of year for the annual Japan Association of Language Teachers (JALT) conference. We'll be away for the full three days, absorbing the presentations by day, and catching up with colleagues in the evenings.

Should be an interesting and informative event, with experts in the field of linguistics and language teaching hopefully sharing their many insights. Also, it doesn't hurt that the conference this year is in Tokyo where bars and restaurants of any variety can be found. Tonight we're thinking about Mexican...

No comments: