Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Shinjuku and Shibuya: The Most Exciting Show on Earth?

On Saturday, we ventured into the Big Toe for some fine dining and general "big city" fun before heading to the Motor Show on Sunday. We also had arranged to meet a friend of Brian's in town just for a very limited amount of time on business. It was her first trip to Japan and we had a great time taking her around Shinjuku and Shibuya - two of the busiest areas of Tokyo. In fact, rumor has it that Shinjuku station is the busiest station in the world, and I have to say that I can well believe it. I used my cell phone to take the video below on exiting Shinjuku station at about 1 p.m. - NOT a busy time of day (it's not a great video - I have to get some practice, but I do think it shows Shinjuku station a bit, and I also wanted to try out Blogger's new "upload video" feature):


After lunch and window shopping around the east side of Shinjuku station, we went to the west (businessy and non-trendy) side where we checked into our hotel and then met Natalie. From there, we went to Shibuya - another very lively part of town. Here's a photo of Brian and Natalie standing outside at the Hachiko exit of Shibuya station at the most famous intersection in Japan:




Something Natalie said while going from shop to shop in Shibuya summed everything up: Sensory Overload...

EDIT: The Blogger video feature is great, but it seems to have compressed my video and reduced the quality a bit. I'm not complaining, though - I did take the video on my cell phone after all!

2 comments:

bernicky said...

Sensory overload can be a good thing can't it? Everyone looks happy. The question is how light does the pocket book feel at the end of the day?

-lyn said...

Loved the video experiment. Glad you included a shot of Natalie, too.