Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Closer to Custom

We had a busy weekend, which involved no riding at all. However, rainy season is upon us, so it's not like we're missing any great weather...But I do want to ride my Rig as much as possible in the next month or two, since it is about to be replaced with a custom-designed frame!

Two months after my first contact with Joel of Clockwork Bikes, we are finally taking the first big steps toward the production of my very own custom 29er single speed frame. It will be an original Clockwork orange. I'm not sure of the ETA yet, but I just submitted my physical measurements, and the measurements of my current bike. I've also had to describe any issues with my current set up/frame - and basically, while it's been the love of my life for the last two years, it's just a bit too big overall.

And so now the countdown has begun...

1 comment:

bernicky said...

Well congrats on taking the leap! With luck it will be sooner rather than later and you will get in some good trail time this summer.