Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Custom Frame - the beginning

Construction of my custom frame has begun...here are the first two photos of it "under construction":





This is my top tube and my seat tube. Notice how the top tube is curved - this is so that I will have ample stand-over when the bike is complete. I'm really rather short to be riding a 29er, and there is a lot of controversy among mountain bikers about the whole thing. Many folks say that 29ers are not necessary at all, and certainly not necessary for people who are short (like, 5"7'...I only stand slightly over 5'1"!). However, I've been riding a 29er exclusively for nearly 3 years, and I know that I love it. How much more will I love it when I get one made just for me?

1 comment:

Groover said...

Wow. A custom made frame. I can't wait to see the progress and complete product.