Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Firefox 3 - Download Day


So today is the day - Firefox 3 has been officially released. As some of you may know, this is my browser of choice and it beats Internet Explorer hands down.

Firefox is going for the Guinness book of world records for most downloads in a 24 hour period. I've already downloaded a copy for my laptop and desktop. Next will be my work pc.

To participate in the FF download day, click here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?p=downloadday

To help make the world record, you must download by 7:00 UTC on June 18, 2008. But if you miss this deadline, just go ahead and get Firefox anyway - it rocks!

2 comments:

bernicky said...

Well as a long time Firefox advocate I have to say 3 has disappointed me especially from the security standpoint. Even if you select the option to delete browsing history and cookies after you close the browser the history and cookies persist. If you delete them manually Ctrl+Shift+Del your information is still available just click the drop down bar for URL's and there is your entire history still intact. My concern is that if the browsing history is still available are stored passwords, and cache still available?

Tracy said...

I've been using 3 since early beta - I do love it, and I understand the security. I think, by default, it's targeted to the less savvy user who wants cookies. However, it's easy to change this:

Go to Tools - Options - Privacy

Under Private Data, choose Settings.
In there, tick all the boxes if you want absolute privacy!