Monday, June 02, 2008

Weekends really are too short, but you have to make the most of them.

On Sunday, we got out for a good bike ride. The weather was perfect – sunny, partly cloudy, and not too hot. A great way to bring in June!

As I frequently mention, every ride involves a lot of uphill. Of course, this is complemented by an equal amount of downhill! When you're riding a single speed and you live in a valley, you get a great workout and plenty of good shin-muscles!

Just for fun, I thought I would share our riding route.


View Larger Map

2 comments:

Team Sharma said...

For perspective, how long does the ride take you and how much linear distance do you cover?

Tracy said...

Oh, I shoot have mentioned that.

It was 1hr 18mins of pedalling time;
A distance of 19km with an average speed of 14km/h. I know that sounds slow, but when you're slogging uphill I suppose it's not too bad.