Friday, March 06, 2009

Ethno-centric Internet RANT

The Pirate Bay, a bit-torrent site, is currently under fire; more than that, they're under prosecution, persecution.

There are, as yet, no global Internet regulations (for which I'm thankful). The RIAA etc... are desperate to stop peer-to-peer file sharing. Why should this bother the average music/movie aficionado? After all, there are plenty of great, legal sources on the net for movies and TV shows. But wait - many video sites, like Hulu, are not available outside of the U.S. However,I don't find this out until after being made to watch six minutes of commercials. This is a waste of valuable time, showing me adverts that are useless to me since, of course, I'm not able to purchase the products?.

That's my rant for today.

No comments: