Friday, March 20, 2009

Long Run

Today, Friday, March 20th, is a national holiday called "shunbun no hi" - vernal equinox day. I think the equinox is an important occasion for sure, and am delighted that the Japanese value it enough to make it a national holiday. Better yet, I'm thrilled that we get another long weekend out of it.

We woke up to wind and rain this morning, and I was happy to stay in bed for a while, especially after last night's party! But we finally decided to get up, and, I admit, I drove to our local Micky D's to bring home a couple of sausage egg McMuffins - perfect post-drinking-night food!

Finally, the rain slowed, then stopped, and we were able to pursue our original plan of a longish trail run in Gotemba.

We drove up to the 'trail head' and ran mostly uphill for thirty minutes, then turned back, and ran mostly downhill for twenty five minutes. Though this involved less than an hour of running, it was still more than Brian has ever run, and more than I typically do. And we feel GOOD. Our legs are a bit achy, but all in all, our spirits are high and our minds at rest.

Oh, and on the way home, we made a few pit-stops, and I got a few photos, but like this one best. Taken with the Nikon D90, Sigma 30mm lens:




Another photo taken with the same camera/lens combo. I'm just pleased with the sharpness and low noise. (Taken last night from the 'party apartment')

1 comment:

-lyn said...

Oh, for your energy (and pain-free knees!)