Saturday, September 19, 2009

Marguerite Bourgeoys

I still haven't really gotten out specifically to take photos, but my mother and I have certainly been taking walks around our neighborhood, where I grew up. Yesterday we stopping at the old Marguerite Bourgeoys house and park to take a few photos.

Marguerite Bourgeoys was a Catholic nun back in the 17th century, and she ran the farm and set up a school house for girls in Montreal. She was canonized in 1982, and the house is still a convent while a small part of the farm remains as the Marguerite Bourgeoys park.











Note: I do not have photo editing tools here - so please pardon clutter and crooked photos for now:-)

1 comment:

lyn said...

Your pictures are fine ... and appreciated. I do understand how having the photo editing tools handy does change the way you look at your own photos, though!