Thursday, September 17, 2009

Montreal

I've been in Montreal for four nights and four days now, and the time is just flying by in a flurry of eating, drinking, shopping and sleeping. Or not sleeping, as the case may be, since the jet lag leaves me awake at the strangeset times.

Though I'm technically on vacation, I've been busy trying to catch up with old friends and a multitude of family as well, and I'm still trying to run at least a little.

This morning I got out for a short 7km run from here to the Old Port (Vieux Port) and Old Montreal (Vieux Montreal). It's a different experience running on mostly flat surfaces and in a different environment altogether. At 6:20 this morning, I was certainly not the only runner on the road, and I've been noticing a lot of cyclists and cycle-commuters, too. It's easy to forget that Montreal is a very active, fairly-healthy city because I tend to visit in December, when everyone pretty much hibernates for the season.

For this run I carried my small, point-and-shoot Canon camera and got a couple of snapshots of where I ran this morning.





I may have overpacked for this trip, and even brought all my big camera gear, so I'm going to make sure I get out for a decent shoot some time before I leave on Sunday. Although I didn't rent a car for this trip, I'm rediscovering the joys of public transportation, and will be happy to get my D90 to various, photo-worthy places.

As for the jet lag, I'm sure it will be well out of my system in time for my Sunday morning return flight!

1 comment:

lyn said...

Montreal is a beautiful city. It's extra nice that you are getting a chance to see it again in a pretty season.

We just went to Albion (near Buffalo NY) and it was nice to see it without the snow and cold and having everyone so muffled up!