Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another Thing I Love About Japan

Minshuku!

I'm away on business again this week, and this time far far from any big city. I'm in the small town of Daito, not even on a train line, and I love it.

Rather than big, chain business hotels, I am staying in a small, local minshuku called Fukuda. Minshuku are Japanese Bed and Breakfast type hotels - very cozy and comfortable, with great dinners and breakfasts on offer - and the Fukuda is especially nice:

[caption id="attachment_1537" align="alignnone" width="430" caption="My Tatami Room"][/caption]

Dinner was also amazing:

[caption id="attachment_1538" align="alignnone" width="422" caption="Squid, tuna and more fish"][/caption]

Fukuda Minshuku - 0537-72-https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8641912/uploads

1 comment:

lyn said...

What a nice treat !