Thursday, June 02, 2005

Bike Lust

Brian and I each own three full bikes and we have numerous frames scattered around the house. In fact, Brian, I realize, owns five full bikes (he built up another bike at the end of the winter, just as a project).

Owning three bikes (or five) is pretty much a full-time job. You have to nurture and care for each bike - regularly lubing the chain, lubing the cables, making sure the shifting is smooth, replacing tires as they become worn, etc...

And yet. And yet... there will always be Bike Lust. Bike Lust strikes at the strangest times - like right now, when all my bikes are in perfect riding condition. There is nothing I need, there is not work to do. But I want to buy a Rig, just like Brian's.

I will not, of course, buy a Rig. Unless I can sell my Cannondale!


My Cannondale - For Sale



Brian's Rig - a 29" Single-Speed. Also sold in size small

Interested??

1 comment:

bernicky said...

Bike lust is a common thing amoung cyclists of all kinds. I hope you find a buyer for your Cannondale - but you could always try selling it on eBay - the more people see it the better.

My own bike lust tends towards Guru bikes made in Canada.