Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Horai Bashi and more praise for Nikon Japan

The weekend was hectic, involving a BBQ party, a short visit to a famous bridge, and a few hours of work. Altogether, I'd have to say it was a great weekend. We had fantastic weather for the BBQ and the food was good. After the BBQ we stayed in Shimada city and took a trip to the Horai Bashi, the longest wooden pedestrian bridge at 892 meters.

Horai Bashi (photo by Brian with the D50 and a polarizing filter)


Not only am I satisfied with the photo quality of the D50, but let me once again congratulate Nikon Japan on their great service. Since I had bought the camera here in Japan, the owner's manual that came with the camera was of course in Japanese. So, I called Nikon and asked whether I could get an English manual. Easy - the helpful customer service representative gave me an address and told me to mail my Japanese manual back and Nikon would send me an English one. So, I dropped my manual in the mail on Friday afternoon, and on Tuesday I recieved a brand-new English version of the manual. How awesome is that?

1 comment:

bernicky said...

What is a bar b q like in Japan? Hotdogs and burgers or something a little less North American?