Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My favorite hotel in Tokyo!

While there are certainly other places to stay with more charm, or others that might be a little cheaper, the Route Inn in Gotanda is my long standing favorite. The Route Inn chain is unique among 'business hotels' as it has a 'sento', or public bath. Usually this feature requires a hotel of 'ryokan' grade, which is generally much pricier.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to catch a picture of the bath on the roof (too steamy!), but I managed to get a pic of the room:

















and the view from the window this morning:











These were also taken as sets of three different exposures with the Lumix Lz2, and merged to HDR, but without a tripod; I used the wastebasket and tissue box to steady the camera on the nightstand.

I took a hot bath last night upon checking in, and then enjoyed the bi-lingual TV news before sleeping. This morning, I bathed again (this time alone) before the 7am breakfast buffet. Pure bliss in the heart of Tokyo!

1 comment:

Internet Street Philosopher said...

Sounds real nice! I wish I could see more! Thanks for the cool photos!