Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Yoga Does the Body Good

Thankfully, Brian's rapidly-improving health (he's gotten over the leg surgery, allergies, abscess and a cold!), and the better weather has encouraged more activity.

Of course, I spent two days healthfully walking around Kyoto with 9 kilos on my back (note to self: pack lighter next time:-)) But last week Brian and I also went out for our first night ride in ages - we got to use our new Shimano lights (fantastic!), and I got a reminder that I was, actually, a better rider at night (I'll post soon about why I think riding at night makes a better rider).

And the gym! I can't say enough good things about the new gym, and the yoga classes offered on Wednesdays! I'm off to celebrate "hump day" with a bike ride to the gym and a little yoga to help keep things in perspective.

4 comments:

Internet Street Philosopher said...

Good to hear that Brian's doing better. I didn't even know that he was sick though. Lovely pictures from the last postings Tracy.

bernicky said...

Glad everyone is doing well.

A better rider at night? Cooler weather? Night vision? Adrenaline rushes from unknown fear increasing speed? I am curious.

-lyn said...

Night riding is better because ... it forces you to focus on a smaller field? Just a guess. Can hardly wait to see what your reason really is.

-lyn

Oh, BTW. Sorry if I confused you in the past by signing "Mom" and logging in as "anonymous." For awhile I couldn't log on through my desktop PC. It had apparently forgotten my password. (The laptop always rememberd it for me so I didn't have to. So I didn't.)

I'll try to remember to say 'lyn from now on instead!

Tracy said...

Heh heh. I was confused when you signed in as "anonymous" at first. But soon realized that my mother rarely capitalizes anything but "MOM" in her email, I picked up on it:-)

Keep signing "mom"! Otherwise Brian might think MY MOM is his mom:-)