Thursday, May 29, 2008

Race Time

I should really just edit and add this to my previous post about the run last Sunday...

Anyway, thanks to bernicky's comment, I navigated around runnet.jp and found my race time!

Listed is my gross time and net time. Gross time is from when the gun went off, net time is calculated from when my foot actually touched the start line. Because there were actually 9,526 people running in just the 13.6km, I didn't get to the start line for a while!! The total number of participants, even in the pouring rain, was 15,833 - 3,863 more than last year!

My net time (which is what I'm interested in) was 1:37:32; last year, my net time was 1:38:39. Woo hoo - I sped up!

I know, this time is pretty slow by a runner's standards, but I'm pleased just the same!

If you want to check out my "file", it's here!

4 comments:

-lyn said...

Hey, faster is faster, so -- real congratulations!
We went to Runnet ... couldn't read one single word. Is your name in there someplace Nihongo de? We couldn't even recognize that. Sigh.

bernicky said...

Faster is indeed faster. Improvement is all a runner ever looks for - well that and the porta potty :D - congrats

Groover said...

Well done. I love improving my times (but on the bike - I'm not a runner). The good thing about improving slowly is: It's not so hard to improve again next year! :-)

bernicky said...

Sorry Tracy - brief hijack - I regularly check out a triathletes blog and she has been trying get into mountain biking and has an interesting post you might enjoy http://trigirl.blogspot.com/