Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Everyday Listening and Kanzen Master - Nihongo Study

I'm the queen of Japanese textbooks. I've probably spent more money (and less time!) on textbooks in the last decade than most other people. I've got books, some of them barely opened, piled up and falling off of shelves, stacked in closets, and stuffed under fashion magazines.

That said, there are at least two books that I find useful. One of these is Mainichi-no-kikitori Nihongo (毎日のききとり日本語)(Everyday Listening in Japanese). The units are very short (two brief pages of questions to based on the audio component), and the audio is short, too. A unit should only take about fifteen minutes a day, and the idea is that you're supposed to do a unit a day (I'm lazy and only manage about two or three units a week).

There are two levels - basic and intermediate -but beware the basic level is still using cassettes and the new edition should be released soon. For now, you can get the intermediate level here at Kinokuniya.

http://bookweb.kinokuniya.co.jp/htm/4893586327.html


For Level 2 preparation for grammar patterns and kanji I really like the Kanzen Master series. I currently slogging through Kanzen Master Kanji. You can see it here at Amazon.jp.

And now I've actually got to prepare for my actual lesson since my teacher will be here any minute...

No comments: