Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We're wishing all our American friends and family a thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable holiday!

FYI -Many Japanese have never even heard of Thanksgiving, and most have never eaten turkey. Discussing holidays is always a fun cultural exchange, and I've discovered that my favourite Japanese holiday is New Year's (more on that next month!)

As for Thanksgiving, though Canadians do have a Thanksgiving day, which is a Monday in October, my impression of American Thanksgiving is that it is more...more...well, just MORE. More family comes over, more turkey is served, there are more days off! And I even heard that family members fly around the country to gather for the feast.

Have a great long weekend!

1 comment:

Team Sharma said...

I've always heard that family goes to the airport and gets stranded instead of actually travelling anywhere. I love staying home but it is more fun with freinds and family.