Friday, April 03, 2009

Shaken Again

It's that time of year again. Or, I should say, it's that time of every-second-year again - early April when my bi-annual shakken (car inspection) is due. Luckily, my friendly neighborhood mechanic/car dealer is very nearby and keeps convenient (for me) hours. I drove by at lunch time the other day just to make an appointment, but he was able to take the car and give me a daisha (replacement car) right away. I was then able to pick up my own Pajero Mini on Saturday morning, fully inspected and certified road worthy for another two years.

There is nothing exciting or unusual about this, just that, once again, I was impressed with the service here. My car is old (13 years old, I think), and, though in excellent condition, it was showing some signs of its age. Well, mainly just one sign - the metal part of the windshield wipers had lost their paint and were looking a little rusty. Brian had been planning to buy some black paint to touch them up (since they're too old to buy new ones). Well, just this morning, passing my car, we both just noticed that the wipers had been touched up during servicing. Huh. I didn't ask for this, and they never mentioned doing it - yet there ya go.  A little extra bit of service!

For those who haven't seen my cute little car, it's the foremost one in this pic. The car in the back is Brian's full-sized Pajero.

2 comments:

Tornadoes28 said...

I like the Pajero Mini. It's cool because it is small but it is still useful to carry a small amount of stuff and it looks like it would be better in the snow then other small cars.

Anonymous said...

Both your cars look very well cared for...and cute, too!