Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Skype on my iPod Touch

It's finally happened - Skype has become available for the iPod Touch. I read that Skype would be available at the iTunes Store starting on Tuesday,March 31st (2009). For me, that's today. So, early this morning, I cruised over to check out it out, and sure enough, there was Skype, free to download for the Touch and iPhone.

I quickly installed it on my device, then plugged in my microphone/headphones (which are necessary if you want to make a Skype call on the Touch), and used Skype Out to call my landline. The functionality was good, the user interface intuitive and the sound was clear. This was the same for Skype-to-Skype calls, and the 'Chat' works great, too.

To say that I'm thrilled would be an understatement. The only thing I need now is a better mic/headset, since what I'm using is not exactly the best quality.

Anyway, I hope to get more test-usage out of it later.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Okay, that's cool!