Friday, September 10, 2010

A Weekend in Susono



Okay - so I finally got my Miyajima post posted!

After my computer meltdown, which, with Brian's help via telephone and texting, I had fixed by Friday morning, I decided to go hang out in Susono anyway. So, I guess I could have left the computer unfixed until I got there, and fixed it together, but I needed a project anyway!

I went to Susono on Friday night, and just relaxed with Brian, who is still taking medication and trying to recover from ear/hearing damage incurred when swimming in Fukui several weeks ago. On Saturday, we packed a couple of books and a couple of 'cold ones', and went to sit in the sun in the mountains for a few hours. After that, we went to the Gotemba Kogen, where we sat outside and enjoyed some sausage and German beer. A very pleasant day, all in all.

On Sunday, Brian spontaneously suggested that we go to the Fuji Safari Park. The safari park is actually quite close to us, and easy to get to as there is no traffic on the back roads we use. We've driving and ridden past it so many times, but it just seemed kinda lame, so we never went. However, a few months ago, Susono citizens were given coupons for free entry to the park, in celebration of its 30th anniversary. So, why not?

And frankly - it was really good! As Brian said, it wasn't educational, as there was no information about the lions or tigers as we drove through them, but it was the first time we'd ever seen a lion or a tiger or even a bear quite that close up. All through the park there were signs warning people to keep the windows up and the doors locked...when seeing how big and frisky those lions were, I double-checked the door locks!

Again, Sunday was a great day, a lovely way to spend the weekend. And we even got some photos through Brian's car windows!

























No comments: