Friday, September 17, 2010

Drinking, Running and Cooking

As my time in Japan finally comes to a close, I decided to make one more return Shizuoka, where Brian and I met up with some of my old OL friends for dinner and drinks (For those who don't know - OL means 'Office Lady'!). Of course, I'm spending a few days at Brian's place, and am enjoying several aspects of this return. One thing I'm loving is being surrounded by the lovely Hakone and Ashitaka mountain ranges, and running through the rice paddies and up into the mountains. I did an easy 7km this morning, and hope to get out again tomorrow. Brian still shouldn't run, but we'll get out together for a very light jog in the morning!

Another thing I really like about being here is living in a real apartment rather than a guest house. Brian's apartment is very welcoming and cozy, with a really homey atmosphere. Especially nice is having a kitchen! I've been pretty much living on convenience store food and pre-prepared meals, and had forgotten how relaxing, and pleasurable, cooking could be. Not to mention the fantastic variety of food one can prepare in a full kitchen! For lunch today, I fixed us a couple of beef tacos, complete with guacamole. Dinner will be yaki-tori (some with chicken, some with beef), and a fresh green salad.

I'm going to hang here with Brian for another day or two, then we are both going to head back to Osaka, and from there, do some really fun travelling for two days in Wakayama Prefecture!

1 comment:

tra said...

test again