Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Rocking on the Maverick Meercat (Ubuntu10.10 for the Netbook)

So, I am no longer relying on Windows on my Acer Netbook in any way - I am a 100% Ubuntu user now on this little machine.

Drawbacks are only that I cannot run iTunes, or Photoshop (I refuse to use WINE).

Other than that, I am having a really great time using only Ubuntu on all 500 gigs of my hard drive. I was not able to merge the disk partitions before, so I formatted the entire drive, and re-installed Ubuntu Netbook from my bootable USB stick, and have been very happy for the last few days. While at first I did not like the new user interface, I have quickly come to appreciate its simplicity and minimalism.

I also really like the new, native photo manager, called Shotwell. Totally happy with my Ubuntu-only machine.

Here is a screenshot.



No comments: