Friday, December 17, 2010

What I Miss

I've been in Montreal for two and a half months now, and as things here move toward the festive, holiday season, and temperatures drop to minus 15 Celsius, I can't help think fondly of a few things I love about Japan.

I miss:

  • Onsen - the lovely hot spring spas where you lounge naked in a variety of deep baths (free of chlorine!!)

  • The mild climate - I really don't think people were meant to live in sub-zero weather!

  • Izakaya - the lovely, small, local Japanese pubs, especially the ones in the suburbs where no gaijin go!

  • The shop-keepers I used to chat with, like the lovely ladies at the dry cleaner, or the old woman at the liquor shop

1 comment:

kurisu said...

Haha! I've been working up to a post like this too; a bit premature perhaps, but I'm also working on the flipside - "What I'll be glad i never, ever have to deal with again."