Thursday, December 23, 2010

Shaking the Winter Blahs in Montreal

While Brian enjoys some downtime in the lovely non-Christian, non-Christmas celebrating land of Thailand, I find myself a tad overwhelmed by the need to shop and to wrap and to visit. And to put on coats and gloves and boots and scarves....

But alas, there is nothing I can do to get rid of the snow, and really the best thing would be to embrace it.

To that end, I am reading an inspiring ebook by David du Chemin, one of my favourite contemporary photography writers, called The Vision Driven Photographer. I am inspired by David's photography, and he writes in a simple, engaging, inspiring style. You can download his books for $5 each - a steal for me for sure - at www.craftandvisiton.com.

I have plans to go up north to Mont Tremblant on Boxing Day (Dec. 26) to spend the day and night at a friend's place. I hope then to exercise my photography skills and remember a few tricks and get a few decent winter shots!

I really am doing my best to engage winter in a lovely, warming embrace!

1 comment:

Dick said...

Serenity, increases by the square of the distance from population. I think it is true for the snowy forest as well as sunny beaches. One image I cherish is from a comment you made about roasting coffee over an open fire. I can picture this any where and enjoy it. Merry Christmas, Dick