Thursday, March 31, 2011

Daylight Saving Time

As I have mentioned in other posts, somewhere, I've been going to bed later and waking up later here than I used to do when in Japan. Part of this is likely because I am still not working, and therefore have no need to be up at 6 a.m. But part of it is just that, here, people go to bed at 11 p.m., not 9 or 10 like I used to do. And they certainly never EVER get up at 4:30 a.m. on a sunny, Sunday morning.

And now I see why. The sun does not rise here early in the morning, even now in spring. But, I noticed for the first time last night, even though it is still March, the sky was still light even just before 8 p.m. So - when you can ride your bike or go jogging at 7 pm and not be in the dark, it makes sense that you go to bed later and wake up later.

 

No comments: